Sunday, October 17, 2010

R.I.P.

The bush is a dangerous place. All you got to do is ask some of my favorite pairs of jeans. If you know me well, you know that I don't part well with a good pair of jeans. People pay good money for the wear that 4-5 years of good service a pair of jeans can provide. Somewhere around the Goyder's Line, one of my favorite pairs was assaulted by some barb wire.



Then, my other pair that has been previously masterfully patched at the knees were harmed at a bonfire where the glue on the patch melted from the inferno. Another issue of concern is that hole in my back packet. Sarah is convinced I am going to lose my wallet or my passport.



The silver lining to the story is like the Phoenix, one of my pairs has risen from the ashes all due to one of our great hosts, Karen from Peterborough. Karen agreed to mend my jeans. I now have a memento that I can guarantee that you will not find in any gift shop. Now you can't put a price on that.



No comments:

Post a Comment